Our philosophy, join us!
LUCIA DELOGU’S WORK PHILOSOPHY
My work philosophy
II do believe that great ambitions in Science are always good ingredients for the perfect recipe of an excellent researcher as well as integrity and patient, determination and a high dedication.
I do the best I can to make my lab a productive and friendly environment, and I expect the same from all lab members. We don’t have many rules related to work hours, holidays and so on. I do expect from lab members to work in a very productive way and to treat everyone with respect, to listen to others’ viewpoints and ideas, and to ensure our group is a place where everybody feels welcome and appreciated. I view my relationship with students and postdocs as a partnership. Part of my job is to ensure people in the lab get the best opportunities to advance in their careers in particular in academia.
I personally really appreciate people free of metal barriers including cultural and gender barriers. I love open minded researchers that can genuinely desire to contribute to Science and the Society of the world. I love to contribute to the scientific community with high-quality works, published in high impact factor journals, and I expect people in the lab to share the same desire.
My responsibilities with lab members:
- Develop project ideas, including independent projects that can be taken with the postdoc
- Interpret results
- Proof-read manuscripts
- Discuss future career goals and plan ways to facilitate these goals
- Meet at least weekly to discuss progress & pitfalls
- Ensure finding
- Ensure a large network of collaborations of excellence that can help with their future career goals
My expectations for lab members:
- Prepare for our regular progress/pitfalls meetings and a follow-up email of progress and goals
- Write and submit manuscripts under my supervision. On average I expect from Ph.D. student two first-author paper and two co-author paper. For post-docs, this expectation can change depending on the expertise and targeted journals
- Proof-read manuscripts from other lab members
- Contribute in apply for external funding
- Maintain a set of lab notes, including directories of data, annotated codes & versions, detailed methods
- Participate in general lab responsibilities (servers, maintain common areas, taking turns hosting visitors). Participate in talk rehearsals of your colleagues
- Present new ideas, suggest new potential collaborations, be updated on the literature of the lab and the topics of interest of our group
Being a scientist, in my view, is the best job in the world and I feel very lucky, I hope to share the same feeling with the new generations of scientists.
If you are interested in working in our Lab, please send an email to Lucia Gemma Delogu (email@example.com) and let her know what type of work you are interested in. Please check our research page. We are seeking highly motivated candidates with a background in biology, ideal candidate should be able to work in team and to move for short research training in leading laboratories abroad (i.e. in USA, Qatar, Germany or China).